Sunday, September 13, 2009

BACKCOUNTRY NEWSLETTER SEPTEMBER 13, 2009

Hello All,

You are receiving this email because you have bought something from me, thought of buying something from me, stopped by my booth at a show and chatted, or are friends and family. Please let me know if you wish to be removed from this list. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well after a busy week at Backcountry Photography, we’re getting around to the post-show newsletter. Welcome all those I met in Flagstaff; I had a great time, as always, in your fair city.

This was the first show in Flag I have participated in as an artist. Though I must confess, I did miss goofing around with friends and hiking while Lisa (my sister who was in the next booth) works, I enjoyed meeting so many new people. And I still managed quite a bit of time to visit. Thanks to one and all who came down to the park and chatted, helped set up and brought us food.

We arrived back in Tucson late Monday evening and it was up early Tuesday to be on location at the set of the TV show Meteorite Men as the location photographer and production assistant. Geoff Notkin, one half of the Meteorite Men, has moved me out of the office doing product photography and into the field for the production stills! I have spent the past week in the field and am having a great time. After one day off I will be traveling with the crew for the next week of filming doing the location photography. So I am getting this newsletter out before hitting the road tomorrow.

One last bit of news…I have entered the Arizona Daily Star online pet photo contest benefiting a local animal shelter. First place in the contest (based on votes through donations received: a 5 dollar donation gets 5 votes, $10 = 12 votes, $20 = 25 votes, $35 = 50 votes, $50 = 100 votes and $100 = 250 votes.) wins a year’s supply of dog food. Those of you who know (or can imagine) how much 4 greyhounds can eat, will know what a great benefit (on top of raising money for the Humane Society) that would be. Here’s a link to the front page of the contest so you can read about it.

http://azstarnet.upickem.net/engine/Welcome.aspx?contestid=7928

(I hope this is a perma-link)

And this is the link to my photo entry

http://azstarnet.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=A&c=7928&s=1520504&i=1

Voting starts tomorrow (the 14th). So vote early and vote often please.

And, lastly, the most recent installment in the desktop photo series. A little reminiscent of our trip to Flag. This was taken after I forced Dena (Thanks Dena), my frequent chauffeur, to pull to the side of the road so I could shoot photos, yet again.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the photo.

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment