Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TOHONO CHUL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST

Tohono Chul Park is a lovely desert park in the north portion of Tucson. They are getting ready to celebrate the National Pollinator Week from June 21 to 27. Events include talks and walks and seminars; including lectures “Hummingbirds: More than Just Eye Candy”, “Sonoran Desert Bees: Trouble in Paradise?” and “Gardening for Butterflies and the Caterpillars Than Become Them!”. Though all programs sound interesting the one that intrigues me the most is the FREE macro photography seminar. If you’ve been through my blog at all, it is a little (see what I did there?) obvious I love to do the close ups.

The other thing of interest was the Pollinators in Action Photography Contest. Open to Arizona resident amateur and professional photographers. Criteria: “The subject is any live pollinating animal(s) visiting native or cultivated flowering plants found in the state during 2010”. Well I have a few of those, so I submitted 3 photos in the professional category. I was a fairly pleased (and surprised to say the least) to learn one of my photos won the Grand Prize and another took Honorable Mention. WOO HOO! So, there is an award ceremony on Saturday June 26 where I will be presented with a prize. I haven't a clue as to what the prize is, but I still win a prize. Again, Woo Hoo! On top of all that prize winning stuff, my photos will be on display at the park from June 21 to July 4th. Woop!


Grand Prize - "Who's There?"



Honorable Mention - "It's Mine, All Mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment