Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Bee's Knees

So, I promised and I teased and now I have to follow through. Thanks for the many requests to see the bee photos; here they are. I saw this little guy while shooting photos of perfect prickly pear cactus flowers, right after an afternoon monsoon rain. He was out trying to dry off from the unexpected shower and made his way out of an open bloom, up a closed bud like it was Mt.Everest, to his final hiding place, inside the closed flower. With a flick of the tail and a butt wiggle to rival JLo, he schootched backwards down into the flower where he proceeded to check out the newly clean world and, for a short period of time, the lens of my camera.




The Cusp


It's The Journey That Counts



The Climb




It's Mine, All Mine



Who's There?



These photos have not been enhanced in any way. And, please note the size and resolution (and therefore quality) have been reduced for posting on this site.


These are all available as fine art prints and, might I suggest, would look great in a triptych (thanks Jack and Phyllis) hanging next to the dragonfly photos. And (a shameless sales pitch follows) --- all of my photos are available on greeting cards; great to have around the house when you need to send out a get well or birthday card so there is no need to run down to the store when you’ve realized Great Aunt Mabel’s birthday is today. My Mom used my cards this past year as her Christmas cards (she felt the prickly pear cactus with the ripened-to-bursting red fruit was decidedly Christmas in the desert-y). So plan ahead, order yours now, you’ll be happy you got that out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment