Sunday, October 18, 2009

THE DAY

You know you haven’t had nearly enough sleep when you wake up and you can still taste toothpaste.

It was a late evening last night, following a long day. I didn’t think it was possible to cram so much into a 24 hour period. Like the proverbial 10 pounds of rocks in a 1 pound bag. Yesterday’s velvet bag was straining the seams, bulging at the sides and spilling over at the drawstring closure.

It started out with an early wake up to complete last minute preparations for the 3rd Annual Rotary Club of Tucson Classics Car Show that I didn’t finish before dragging myself into bed late the night before. I headed down to the show early and was pleasantly surprised and overwhelmingly grateful for assistance from Phyllis in setting up the booth, (whom had come over the evening before to help put together my new line of note cards, but more on that in a later post).

Setting up the booth was unusually difficult due to the distractions that kept driving onto the field in the form of some of the most beautiful cars I have seen. Ever. I’m not much of a car person, and even I realized I was witnessing something incredible as these works of art purred into their assigned parking spots. During a small opportunity to walk the rows of cars I managed to leave a huge puddle in front of the 2 Shelby Cobras as I paused, gaping and drooling in wonder at my all-time favorite car. The grass won’t need to be watered for at least another year.

Liz and Kent Vaughn, booth sitters extraordinaire charged with not only covering my booth for the latter part of the day but breaking it down as well, ON THEIR ANNIVERSARY, arrived so I could run off to my sisters wedding. (Thank you, thank you, thank you)

Then it was off to Beth’s wedding after a detour at home to change. Yesterday was hot. 7 shades of hell hot and dress pants and long sleeve shirt was like pulling up a chair at Satan's table, but again notice – no dress for me. Heh.

We met at Beth’s sister-in-laws: the girl’s command center and did make-up, hair and dress for all. Everyone looked absolutely spectacular in their wedding finery. Though the cloud of hairspray was thick enough to double as San Francisco fog. It was then off to Agua Caliente Park for an outdoor ceremony on the lake shore. Though Beth specifically directed to me I was not allowed to even pick up my camera during the ceremony, at about minute 2 I had to retrieve it from its resting place so I could capture the occasion. After the short ceremony, Leigh Anne, dear friend and second photographer, and I did the photo shoot. Then it was off to the reception at my sister Lisa’s house. With incredible food, ambiance filling every corner, and friends and family enjoying their time together it was a party to remember. It was early morning as we said good night to the last of the guests and Mom and I cleaned up before I drove the happy couple to La Paloma for the beginning of their new life together.

Here are some of the photos from the day.



















No comments:

Post a Comment