Thursday, November 12, 2009

NEWSLETTER NOVEMBER 11, 2009 - OPEN STUDIO TOUR

Hello All,

You are receiving this email because you have bought something from me, thought of buying something from me, stopped by my booth at a show and chatted, or are friends and family. Please let me know if you wish to be removed from this list. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A big warm welcome to all the new Backcounrty newsletter readers. Thank you for stopping by the booth at the Big Brother Big Sister art event and writing your name on that slip of paper; a brave thing to do. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Well I have recouped from the BBBS event. 3 days of fun, laughing, and entertainment. (Aside from the first day of the show when I woke up to a very sick greyhound and thought she was going to die before I got her to the vet. Little panic from me in trying to get all aspects covered so I didn’t ditch out on the show, close the booth early or miss getting her in to see the doc. Her ailment was not the result of licking a toad, sniffing the pesticides in the back yard or that she was faking. Thanks for the suggestions. The docs are not sure what it was, and all the tests came back negative. She is feeling better now after lots of meds and being grounded for 2 weeks.)

Anyway…the Backcountry offices have been busy, though quietly so. I have spent the last little while doing mostly product photography and going through pictures from my recent trips. The ones I am most excited about were taken during my jaunt down old Route 66 from Kingman to Flagstaff. Do I smell a new line of note cards coming up? Hmmmmm; classic cars anyone?

I did take some time Sunday to attend the All Soul’s Procession. We try to go every year and barring an injured back from installing a toilet (last year and a long story) we have kept to that schedule. So mosey on over to the Backcountry Blog (http://www.backcountryphotographyaz.blogspot.com/) to see a few photos from the most Tucson of all Tucson events.

And to the point of this newsletter – I would like to invite all you local Tucsonans (not to exclude my other readers, I’m just trying to save you a bit of gas money) to the Open Studio Tour this weekend. Since my studio tour consists of a camera and laptop on a desk and a scarred table hidden in the back room with some tape, glue sticks, an X-acto knife and a few pens littering the surface, I have decided to throw in with my sister, Lisa Marie, silversmith extraordinaire of Sirocco Design, at her studio. Way more interesting with lots of tools to melt, hammer and weld metal and many sparkly bits of jewelry. So please stop by to wonder at the behind the scenes of jewelry making and for photography tips and tricks. I will have my camera and laptop (my studio) with me as always.

And now for the latest installment of you free desktop photo. Vegas Jane, the hostess of the open house, wants to welcome you this weekend and let you know she expects to see you there.

I hope this finds you well.

Suzanne Morrison
Backcountry Photography
http://www.backcountryphotographyaz.blogspot.com/
http://www.backcountryphotographyaz.com/
backcountry_photos@yahoo.com





No comments:

Post a Comment