Saturday, May 29, 2010

DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE

As mentioned before, I have been doing pet photography for Seize the Leash, dog trainers extraordinaire. Last Thursday, I shot photos of their new behavior training class “tiny tyrants”, a class for the little tiny dogs. As per usual I shot many, many photos. Here’s the thing…when I am shooting photos, I will sometimes know when I get a really good shot, even without reviewing the photo while on site. Everything just feels right. (Granted sometimes I am thoroughly surprised when looking through images and there’s an outstanding photo that I didn’t think much about when taking it. I can think of a few that has happened with, the picture in the masthead being one.)

But anyway, back to the tiny terrors training class. I got at least a dozen really good shots during the class and ran home to take a look at them on the computer screen. I downloaded them to the hard drive, worked with the girls on ‘yes’ (which I learned during class), fed them and myself dinner and returned to the office to work. I cleaned up the desk, deleted the photos off the scan disk, put the cameras away, and started going over the photos. And that would be when I realized I hadn’t actually downloaded the photos to the computer. Yup, I deleted every last one of them and didn’t transfer them first to the computer. The good news was the girls care enough about me to come in and check on me when I beat my head against the computer desk and used “no” as a new mantra and practiced the pronunciation of many 4 letter words.

So it is with great pride that I say the photos from today’s training session have remained unscathed through the transfer process. In celebration, I am posting some of them; in part for your viewing pleasure, but mostly to assist in the continuation of my gloating over today’s conquering of technology and the unnecessary destruction of evidence.












No comments:

Post a Comment